About Ms. Barthelemy

1934183_10153814964053545_406089457515255174_n-1
My sons and I like to watch the Vikings play.

Hello! Thanks for choosing to read my blog. I am a retired teacher from District 196, having taught at Diamond Path and Oak Ridge. I also worked for a short time at Deerwood, Greenleaf, Cedar Park and Glacier Hills.

My two sons, Mark and Matthew, went to Highland, Scott Highland Middle School and Rosemount High School.  Meanwhile, I was teaching at Diamond Path. When my older son had graduated from college and my younger son was halfway through, I decided to try teaching in another country. I really wanted to see more of the world. Living in another country would give me that opportunity. I went to a job fair in Boston, Massachusetts and got a job teaching 4th grade at Hong Kong International School, an American school in Hong Kong.

While I lived in Hong Kong, I traveled to many places on that side of the globe. I went to Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, India, Egypt, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Indonesia, Cambodia and the Philippines. I still find it hard to believe that I was lucky enough to go to all of those places in just five years. I even visited some of those countries more than once! Every year, usually in the summer, I would also return to the United States and visit friends and family in Ohio and Minnesota.

Now, many of the friends I made in Hong Kong have moved to other places in Asia and invited me to visit them. I decided to take a very long trip and see them all. In this blog you will be able to read about my adventures and see photos of me and my friends.

I hope you will write and ask me questions and give me some feedback.